Choosing the right colors for your skin tone requires just a little attention to certain details. It is important to note that skin tone also incorporates your hair and eye color. The following are some of things to consider when choosing colors:
• Brown eyes and blond hair: Blues and rich purple.
• Pink skin tone: Neutral colors that have more of a blue undertone. Yellow undertones are not complementary.
• Pale skin: Green, blue, brown, and black. White is not complementary neither are lighter shades of pink.
• Yellow skin tone: Variations of browns and greens.
• Red skin tone: Orange, warm blues, medium grays, off-white, and charcoal.
• Dark eyes, dark hair, and dark skin: Vibrant colors such as variations of red, blues, white, light and medium grays, et cetera.
• Red hair and pale skin: Deep greens.
No matter what skin tone you might have, browns and gray undertones will be a good complement. The important thing to remember is that the clothing should be tested against the skin in the right lighting to ensure that there is no sallowness. If you have a favorite color but it does not flatter you; then try variations of that shade until you find the tone that complements.